Pages

Monday, February 09, 2009

suspended

Northwest/KLM sent me an email the other day to let me know they'd changed my travel plans. They thought I might enjoy a nice little side trip to the Detroit airport - it eliminated 6 hours I would have spent in DC, but I got to experience the magnificent light show tunnel with atmospheric music that connects Terminal C to Terminal A. Most people on the moving walkways were too tripped out by the rainbow lights to actually walk (myself included).

For me it's a strange suspension in the time-less space of travel. I flew backwards to fly forwards - at least that's how my mind is reading it. A DC-Amsterdam flight would have left at 6:30 PM. I took a one hour flight backwards to arrive in Amsterdam at precisely the same time. Such is life.

Nothing really changes, and I arrive in Entebbe at 9 PM local time. I absolutely cannot wait.

No comments: