Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I tried to do handstands for you...

Handstands normally make me cry. No, seriously.

In yoga class, the second a teacher mentions a handstand practice, my chest tightens up and I feel 8 years old - the lone person who absolutely cannot kick up into a handstand. I lurk in the corner and do headstands, envious and sad as I watch everyone else gracefully enjoying handstands all over the room.

With a friend's solid advice (just kick HARDER) and some serious dedication, I kicked up into handstand today. Over and over and over again, just to be sure it was real.

Feet, over hips, over shoulders, over hands. Followed by fist pumps, shrieking and JOY.

Now I have to re-assess my 2009 goals, as kicking up into handstand was pretty high up on that list. WooHOO!

No comments: