Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2006

And yes, Life is beautiful


It's a beautiful Sunday morning. Looking through photos again for inspiration, I came across this one - it's actually my favorite photo from Uganda, taken at Sanyu Babies Home for Abandoned Babies in Kampala, Uganda.

I've determined that writing a personal history and fitting it on one page is the most frustrating, nerve-wracking experience. At this point I'd rather do interpretive dance to convince the committee to send me back to Uganda.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

<"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.">
Albert Einstein
For some people the joy of being in a new place has erratic effects and for others the effects are quite the reverse,but for many it is the scintillating sensation of being at the heart of a place other people call home.
It calls out to the humanity in us all,to the craddle of all our secret desires and makes us, for that one instant, want to give it all up and stay here forever. As we grapple with such profound truths we find that someone before us could have done something but they did not, so why should we? Because we chose to be different.

Lotus Reads said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda Lackey said...

Halle,

When I got your comment on my blog I wasn't sure it was you. I just checked back and I love the blog. Please keep in touch. I really want to hear more about the work you are doing in the world. You can email me at school - lackeyl@strongnet.org.

Linda Lackey